Images matter. LYNX fosters and carries out case study-based research concerning the mechanisms of both the production of images and their contextual reception and use.
LYNX Center for the Interdisciplinary Analysis of Images: Objects, spaces, images. Individual experience and social behaviors.
LYNX promotes and carries out case study based research projects concerning the mechanisms of image production and their contextually specific reception and use. LYNX does not pose any limitation in terms of the cultural area, chronological period or medium to be addressed by the proposed research projects; it does, however, privilege projects that adopt multidisciplinary strategies of analysis, paying special attention, in particular, to approaches that are economic, sociological, architectural, urban-studies related, historical, art historical, philosophical, neuro-perceptive, behavioral, and media studies related.
LYNX aims at hosting, in the same setting and at the same time, both research projects dealing with contemporary phenomena and those addressing phenomena and contexts of the past.
LYNX is interested in both the domain of research and the industries and institutions that give a prominent role to the production, manipulation and reception of images (be they museum displays, urban spaces, single visual objects expressed in any medium, books, etc.). LYNX’s goal is to promote and carry out transversal reflection on the overall theme of “Objects, spaces, images: individual experience and social behaviors.”
- Stefano Baia Curioni, Università commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Milano)
- Luisa Bertoli, McKinsey & Company – Italia
- Marco Callieri, CNR (Pisa)
- Lorenzo Casini, Università La Sapienza (Roma)
- Matteo Dellepiane, CNR (Pisa)
- Paola Dubini, Università commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Milano)
- Wendy Griswold, Northwestern University (Evanston, IL)
- Lorenzo Lattanzi, Università di Pisa (Pisa)
- Patrizia Lombardi, Politecnico di Torino (Torino)
- Claudio Lucchese, CNR (Pisa)
- Beatrice Manzoni, Università commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Milano)
- Cosma Panzacchi, McKinsey & Company – Italia
- Raffaele Perego, CNR (Pisa)
- Roberto Scopigno, CNR (Pisa)
- Fabrizio Silvestri, CNR (Pisa)
- Marco Trisciuoglio, Politecnico di Torino (Torino)
LYNX collaborates with:
- ASK Centre (Art, Science and Knowledge), Università commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Milano);
- ISTI-CNR (Pisa), for themes related to the use of technologies in the field of Cultural Heritage both in terms of valorization and analysis (e.g. tourist profiling).
Projects and Funding
On going National funding (Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research)
- MAPaC - Modelli e Analisi per il Patrimonio Culturale
Other grants: Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung (Catoni)
Seminars and Conferences
There is currently no open faculty position but we are continuosly scouting for smart people to be involved in our research projects or in our Ph.D. Program. Do not hesitate to contact us to express your interest.
More info is available from the Faculty Job Opportunities section of IMT website.